The Big Sand Box

Since our launch at the Wildflower Triathlon this past May, we have received hundreds of inquiries, comments and stories about Action Wipes. Many have moved me and even brought me to tears. Tears of joy, compassion and hope - hope that our war will end soon. Here is an email thread as a result of an order placed through our website from Iraq. It's long, but please keep reading to the end, it's touching. I've removed my friend's name as I do not wish to divulge it. This is a promise I make to anyone that writes to us. Please keep our men and women in the service in your thoughts...

-----Original Message-----
From: Martha Van Inwegen
Sent: Saturday, July 19, 2008 12:30 AM
To: XXXX
Subject: Your Action Wipes Order Has Been Shipped

Hi XXXX, I'm not sure if you got my former email, so I went ahead and shipped your order via Priority Mail. I think you'll be happy with the added "samples".

Thank you again for checking us out and please, let other's know about them should you find them useful. If not, send them back and we'll refund your money! If you get a chance, drop me an email after you've tried them and let me know what you think, I would really appreciate it.

Oh, your Priority tracking number is: xxxxx

Warmly,
Martha Van Inwegen

-----Original Message-----
From: XXXX@bdab.afcent.af.mil
Sent: Friday, July 18, 2008 9:21 PM
To: martha@lifeelements.com
Subject: RE: Your Action Wipes Order Has Been Shipped

Martha,

Sorry that I did not respond to you earlier -- I am currently out of country and the time difference makes communication a little tricky.
I'm actually having the wipes sent to my wife for her to receive and then send to me.

Thank you so much for pushing the order out despite my email neglect . I look forward to the spray samples!

Very Respectfully,

XXXX, 1st Lt, USAF

-----Original Message-----
From: Martha Van Inwegen
Sent: Saturday, July 19, 2008 7:45 AM
To: XXXX
Subject: RE: Your Action Wipes Order Has Been Shipped

Travis! Are you deployed or just traveling? Let me know...

M.

-----Original Message-----
From:

Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2008 05:41:00
To:
Subject: RE: Your Action Wipes Order Has Been Shipped

Yes, I am deployed -- I work Air Force logistics in Baghdad. I support the TAC-Ps here in Iraq (TACPs, or Tactical Air Control Party, are the Air Force guys embedded with the Army; their job is to direct and control all air-to-ground aircraft munitions).

That's my two cents...I've been here for 4.5 months with only 1.5 remaining (not bad considering the Army's 15 month tours).

Thanks for such great customer service!

Respectfully,

XXXXX, 1st Lt, USAF

From: martha@lifeelements.com
Sent: Saturday, July 19, 2008 8:55 AM
To: XXXXX
Subject: Re: Your Action Wipes Order Has Been Shipped

I'll send you more wipes! Rather than have your wife pay for the shipping, send me the address so I can ship it directly.

And thank YOU for being out there for us! BTW, my father-in-law is a retired general from the AF :-)

Send me the address and good night.

M.

-----Original Message-----
From: XXXX@bdab.afcent.af.mil
Sent: Saturday, July 19, 2008 7:27 AM
To: martha@lifeelements.com
Subject: RE: Your Action Wipes Order Has Been Shipped

Wow, that would be great -- thank you so much. Please include a handful of business cards/brochures as I will be sure to share the wipes with those that need it most (a Marine friend of mine is deployed to Fallujah -- I will definitely share with them).

Below is my address

Thanks again -- what a thoughtful, unexpected treat!

Respectfully,
XXXX, 1st Lt, USAF

-----Original Message-----
From: Martha Van Inwegen
Sent: Monday, July 28, 2008 10:18 PM
To: XXXX
Subject: Your Action Wipes Order Has Been Shipped

Travis, I shipped you a box last Thursday, let me know if it gets there ok.

Martha

-----Original Message-----
From: XXXX@bdab.afcent.af.mil
Sent: Saturday, July 30, 2008 3:47 PM
To: martha@lifeelements.com
Subject: RE: Your Action Wipes Order Has Been Shipped

Martha,

Martha,

The wipes arrived yesterday. Thank you so much! Tomorrow I am going to send out a lot to my Marine friend in Fallujah as well as some of the Air Force guys embedded throughout Iraq with the Army.

Thank you also for such a nice, personal note. I am rather excited to see what else you put in the package to my wife (I looked at your sister website, CM, and think that I will definitely have to consider more purchases in the future).

It's funny that you mentioned "re-acquaintance" in your letter -- that is the primary reason I went looking for a good body wipe. My wife is picking me up from the airport and then we are staying in a fancy hotel downtown. Obviously, I want to look my best for her (24hr plane rides just don't help with this issue). Anyways, I called the airport to see what sort of shower facilities they had available (none) and figured the next best thing was to find the most popular body wipe available. Long story short, the plan is to jump off the plane, get squeaky clean (courtesy of Action Wipes!), change out of my uniform into a new pair of clothes (I bought them just for my homecoming ), and then celebrate our reunion...

Thanks again for your gifts and exceptional customer service...I will be sure to spread your wipes all across the sandbox.

Have a great day!

Very Respectfully,
XXXXX

No comments:

Post a Comment